Thursday, June 30, 2011

Carbs and Sugar

For those of who know me well you know that my diet consists of sugar cereal, bread and candy. I have never been a healthy eater. I would much rather run for 2 hours and eat candy then just eat healthy. Carbs and sugar really are so good. Waking up to a bowl of Lucky Charms is pretty much living. A couple of weeks ago I bought a groupon for a healthy living center. I figured I couldnt keep up my skittle days forever. I needed someone to sit me down and tell me I needed to get my act together. I figured I could give it a chance. My first week of not eating sugar or anything white I seriously thought I was dying. I began researching on the internet sugar withdrawal and they all said I would get headaches, depression and flu-like symptoms. My sister Elizabeth was so good to listen to me complain about me dying. She became my counselor for my on-set depression. I give it to people who are just healthy eaters. I think my blood just loves preservatives. I can now say it has been a month since I started doing this. Yes, I have cheated some. How could I pass up my mom's birthday cake. Well really I did pass the cake and just ate the frosting. I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel. I am a huge runner and I feel like a load has been lifted. I am not going to be psycho about not eating sugar or white but I am going to try to pass on eating 3 cookies and just keep it to 2. Who would have thought even the candy girl can "make a lifestyle choice"

No comments:

Post a Comment