Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life is so Confusing

Life is so confusing. I have time and time again thought I knew what I was supposed to do with my life but am at a crossroads once again. I feel like something is missing and I need to do something about it. My career is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. Working from home has started eating at my soul. I have done really well the last couple of years in my company recently getting Outstanding Team Member. But for some reason I have never felt fulfilled with my job. I have realized making good money and getting awards does not equal happiness. So that brings me to the decision should I attend graduate school to become a teacher. I have wanted to do this since I was actually in college but never did anything about it. I am going to apply to some graduate programs and see what happens. But there are pros and cons: Pros
  • Interaction with people (not just my computer)
  • Working with kids
  • Summer offs/winter break
  • Make a difference in someones live (hopefully)

Cons

  • Going back to school
  • Pay cut
  • Student debt
  • Moving home
  • No more purses :(

I wish someone would just tell me what to do. It would make my life so much easier. I guess all I can do is trust that I will make the right decision. I have to do what is best for me and not what others think I should I do. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you the feelings that you are going through right now are the same ones I had that led me to joining the church. One of the best decisions of my life. Keep your head up Kate, you're right where you need to be. Change is never easy, if you're never aware of something missing, you'll never go look for it. Whatever you decide, I know you'll be well on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. katelyn,

    "you're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration!!!"

    sometimes Chicago says it better than I can.

    ReplyDelete