Sunday, August 22, 2010

County Fairs

I have officially been to a County Fair for the past four weekends. Each time I had a different experience. Here are a few things I have learned:
  • 4-H Fair - If there is 4-H in the title of the fair. Do not go to this type of fair. It means it is small and run by kids. You will see way too many animals that will end up on your plate one day.
  • Funnel Cake - Are delicious. Anything fried is good but then when you add powder sugar it makes it even better. You cannot go wrong. They are super messy and could end up with powder sugar everywhere but so worth it.
  • Rodeo - Cowboys are hot. Something about a man being able to ride a bull and tackle a cow is intriguing. I don't want to talk to any of these guys because it might ruin it all. But for now I will enjoy from a far.
  • Demolition Derby - This was awesome. Cars ramming other cars as many times as they could. Even when the cars looked they were dead and had no hope they would come alive and ram another car.
  • Rides - These are not safe. The fact that they can put these up/down in one day is scary. Trying to be a good sport I went on one of these and I honestly thought I was going to die. Nothing about twirling and going vertical is fun to me. I had to close my eyes most of the time so I didn't realize what was happening to me.
  • Fair Visitors - Not the typical people I hangout with go to County Fairs. There were so many fashion do/don'ts that I don't even know where to begin. What I don't get it how they can afford to go to this. It costs $10 to get in $25 for rides and then another $20 for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment