Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Joys of Being Single

Being single in Salt Lake is not a fun thing.  Here are some observations/thoughts I have made the last couple of months:

  • Just because we are single does not mean we are depressed.
  • Just because we are single does not mean we don't have to worry about finances, insurance, and homes.  We are just doing it on our own instead.
  • 29 year olds do not need to still be playing kid games as activities.
  • Dance parties in people's basements is just weird.  
  • Parties are always super off balance with two many of one of the sexes (Usually too many girls)
    • Except I did just go to a party with only 5 girls and all boys and I thought it would be awesome but it sort of gave me hives.
  • I have party anxiety - I all of a sudden cannot remember my name.
  • Fast and testimony meetings are social suicide, some people need friends to have intervention and tell them they should not do it. 
  • Texting or facebook are not good ways to ask a girl out.
  • I am not interested in a 21 year old boys who are still in undergrad.
  • The older I get I have realized I may end up with a balding man who has kids.  Not the Bradley Cooper I had dreamed of.
  • Bedazzled jeans and Ed Hardy shirts are not cute.  
  • I dont need to stay out until two in the morning or go out everynight to be cool.  
  • I have decided dating is all about networking, cause I am not going to meet any boys at church or parties.
  • I may just be doomed. 

2 comments:

  1. All valid and correct points. I especially agree with #1. In addition, i would add "if you ask me if i am dating anyone and i say not, don't say "oh, you'll find someone. You have plenty of time." I want to say to that, "thanks, i wasn't worried, but I am glad you are worried for me".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post. ditto pro lyman.

    ReplyDelete