Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quitting, New Job and Grad School

I have been so nervous about quitting my job and when was the right time to do it. I have really enjoyed my job and they have been really good to me. Plus I am going on vacation next week and during my vacation would technically be giving my two weeks. Which made me wonder when the time was going to be right to let them know that I was out of there.
So on Tuesday when I was on my weekly check-in with my manager she asked me if I was going to resign since I was using all of my vacation days. The phone went completely silent as my brain is moving so fast deciding what to say. So I tell her I wasn't planning on telling her but told her so soon but I was going to grad school and that I needed my last day to be August 23. I let her know I could help with the transition and all that jazz.
She then proceeds to say they are going to be in so much trouble. I am like they will be fine. Then she is like I am quitting too. So rather than going over my usual projects on my check in call she calls it a day since really it doesn't matter for either of us. Neither of us like corporate america and are going back to work with kids. Now all I need to do is write a formal email that asks for my resignation.
I also got a job offer this week which could not have come at a better time. My old boss at BGC before I left to DC offered me a job at the Special Olympics as a Volunteer Coordinator. She is super flexible with my hours and will let me work Saturdays. Timing could not be more perfect.
I will start school at Westminster to get my Masters in Education on August 24 and am so excited. Everything is starting to fall into place.
Wahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment