Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kauai

As a pre-notion I know you all are probably thinking Katelyn has lost it, she is posting photos of a boy. I am all about jinxing my life and hopefully by posting these photos that does not happen.  I am trying to maintain faith that eventually it will be my turn to have good things happen. 

In May I went to Kauai for my 30th birthday.  It started as a joke about me going, I invited myself on Blake's family trip.  But then I ended up really going.  The trip was amazing, Kauai is so beautiful.  Here are some highlights:
  • Turned 30
  • Went on a helicopter ride
    • Saw the Jurassic Park Waterfall
    • Circle Rainbow (It's true they exist)
    • Had to announce my weight to everyone for the helicopter ride (Not awesome!)
  • Snorkeled - saw lots of sea turtles
  • Saw dolphins from the catamaran
  • First Luau - Fire Dancers
  • Swam in warm and blue water
  • Hiked to a beach only accessible by foot (was super muddy so fell a couple of times)
  • Saw a beautiful sunset (well the last 30 seconds of it)
  • Kayaked to Secret Falls.  I had to actually paddle the whole time because I was in the front of the boat
  • Spent 9 days with Blake and didn't even get sick of him
    • This trip was a true test and we passed :)
    • Blake's family could not have been more gracious to have me crash their family trip
  • Got up at 6 everyday to go on a run along the beach
    • This was huge because being the psycho I am I was afraid I was not going to get my runs in
    • This allowed me to not have to pretend like I was asleep until everyone woke up














1 comment: